Friday, March 19, 2010

Mouse - Evoluent Vertical Mouse 2

I'm going to post about each product I've used up until this point. One of the devices on the top of my list is the Evoluent Vertical Mouse. I had version 2, wired.

Positives:
  • Vertical design does alleviate pain associated with carpal tunnel, as I've experienced myself.
  • Feels similar to normal mice, in usage and in hand feeling
  • They have versions for left and right handed use. Left handed people are people too ya know!
  • 3 mouse buttons, rather than 2, plus scroll wheel where its expected.
  • Windows didn't require any special drivers, neither did Ubuntu.
Negatives:
  • Vertical design makes it easy to knock it over when switching from your keyboard to the mouse.
  • Price - almost $100. You are paying a premium for ergonomics. The mouse is literally the same as a normal mouse albeit it is standing on its end rather than its belly.
  • It takes getting used to clicking its buttons, since applying pressure to click them means pushing the mouse toward the keyboard, moving the cursor away from where you intended on clicking.
I will revamp this post when I get it in my hands again. Specifically their new version would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroid.net Ergonomnom Royaltyfreebies Inzpiring Unpleasent Annoid Enjoid Optimights Timwillhack